Arkansas host A&M for midweek game
The Hogs wrap up a five-game home streak in style in a nationally televised game against the Texas A&M Aggies on Wednesday at 7 p.m.
The SEC contest will air live on SEC Network from Barnhill Arena, Arkansas’ first game on the network this season.
Texas A&M hasn’t been to town since 2020, and Arkansas won the last meeting between the two last November in a 3-0 sweep at College Station. The Aggies are currently 10-8 overall and 2-5 in the SEC, while the Razorbacks are 13-5 and 4-4 in the league.
Tickets are available online or in person through the Razorback Ticket Center. Adult tickets are just $5 and kids 17 and under get in free.
Arkansas hosted Tennessee last weekend and did not drop a set to the Vols for the first time since 2017. The Hogs hadn’t won back-to-back sweeps against Tennessee since the 2016-17 seasons and hadn’t defeated the Vols twice in the same season since 2014. Arkansas hit over .300 as a team on both nights, and their mark of .352 in Saturday’s game matches the second-highest hitting percentage in all season for the Razorbacks. Junior Taylor Head had a great weekend offensively with 19 kills, a .410 hit percentage and two service aces. She also led Arkansas in digs in both games with 17.
Series Scouting: Texas A&M
- First meeting in Fayetteville between the Hogs and Aggies since 2020
- SEC wins for Aggies this season have come against Ole Miss and Tennessee
- TAMU MB Madison Bowser is first in the SEC to hit pct at .454, and OH Caroline Meuth is second in kills/set at 4.04 (275)
Statistical Leaders – Texas A&M
- Kills/set: Caroline Meuth, 4.04 (275)
- Assists/set: Elena Karakasi. 10.15 (670)
- Excavations/set: Lauren Hogan, 3.00 (204)
- Blocks/set: Ifenna Cos-Okpalla, 1.62 (34)
Statistical Leaders – Arkansas
- Kills/set: Jillian Gillen, 3.74 (243)
- Assists/set: Hannah Hogue. 6.36 (420)
- Digs/set: Courtney Jackson, 3.59 (237)
- Blocks/set: Tatum Shipes, 1.30 (86)
Visit ArkansasRazorbacks.com for the latest information on all things Arkansas volleyball. You can also find the Hogs on social media by liking us on Facebook (Arkansas Razorback Volleyball) and following us on Twitter and Instagram (@RazorbackVB).