Crews perform water rescue near Northwest Arkansas Regional Airport
According to BCEM, the rescue took place on Highway 264 and Bryant near the Northwest Arkansas Regional Airport.
HIGHFILL, Ark. – Benton County Emergency Management (BCEM) says a water rescue was performed on Wednesday, April 13 due to flash flooding from heavy rain.
According to BCEM, the rescue took place on Highway 264 and Bryant near National Airport in northwest Arkansas.
Details of the number of people rescued or their condition were not immediately available from the BCEM.
A flash flood warning was issued in Benton County through 1 p.m. Wednesday.
Do not ride on water if you are traveling by vehicle and encounter a flooded road. Your car could stall and be swept away in water.
According to Benton County officials, the following roads are affected by flooding:
- Bryant Square: Closed to culvert crossing
- Callis Road: Closed due to flooding
- Dickson Road: Closed to the low water slab
- Fruit wood route: Closed to the bridge west of Wildwood Way
- Gailey Hollow Road: Closed at Logan Cave Road intersection
- Gooseberry Road: Closed due to flooding
- Peach Orchard Route: Closed due to flooding
- Pearl Route: Closed to the low water slab
- W. Pierce Road: Closed to the low water slab
- Route Roupe: Closed due to flooding
- Spanker Creek Road: Closed low water slab
- Steward Road: Closed at the end of the road towards Logan Cave Road.
- Sugar Creek Road: Closed at Harris Road intersection (low water slab)
- Youth Path: Closed due to flooding
RELATED: Strong to severe thunderstorms are possible during the morning hours Wednesday
RELATED: Property damaged by hail? Here are the next steps to follow and how to avoid scams
5NEWS ON SOCIAL MEDIA: Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Youtube
DOWNLOAD THE 5NEWS APP
DOWNLOAD FOR IPHONE HERE | DOWNLOAD FOR ANDROID HERE
HOW TO ADD THE 5NEWS APP TO YOUR STREAMING DEVICE
ROKU: add the channel from the ROKU store or by searching for KFSM in the channel store.
For Fire TV, search “KFSM” to find the free app to add to your account. Another option for Fire TV is to have the app delivered directly to your Fire TV through Amazon.
To report a typo or grammatical error, please email [email protected].